THE TOTAL MAN PACKAGE

Monday, March 20, 2006

Another "SLACKER" (The Movie) Connection

Yesterday, around 8:30PM I ran into Luke Savisky at Zen on Guadalupe(Great fastfood Japanese Restaurant) who played the Video Cameraman in Richard Linklater's "SLACKER" (Plot summary below from imdb.com). I forgot to mention Luke in my previous Slacker blogs as someone else I casually know from the movie.

I met him at SXSW a couple of years ago. I think I recognized him from the SLACKER 10 year reunion that I wrote my 1st Column about for AustinActors.net. By the way, this years SXSW just ended this weekend.

I asked Luke if he was still a film maker and he mentioned that he had recently done some media artwork for Robert Redford's Sundance Film Festival. Luke is really more of an Artist than a film maker and imdb.com confirms this. The details of FRONTIER 6 a movie Luke directed is listed below. A couple of years ago Luke told me he was working on a movie. I guess it was this one.

The Following info is from imdb.com

Frontier 6 (2005)
Directed by Luke Savisky

Professional Details
Plot Outline: Projection performance artist Luke Savisky, known for conjuring moving images in unusual places - bodies through windows, feet in ceiling corners and disembodied legs in thin air - unveils his newest creations.


Plot Summary for
Slacker (1991)

Presents a day in the life in Austin, Texas among its social outcasts and misfits, predominantly the twenty-something set, using a series of linear vignettes. These characters, who in some manner just don't fit into the establishment norms, move seamlessly from one scene to the next, randomly coming and going into one another's lives. Highlights include a UFO buff who adamantly insists that the U.S. has been on the moon since the 1950s, a woman who produces a glass slide purportedly of Madonna's pap smear, and an old anarchist who sympathetically shares his philosophy of life with a robber.

Summary written by Rick Gregory {rag.apa@email.apa.org}


THE TOTAL MAN PACKAGE!!! WOOOOOOO00000!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home